11 Readers
21 Stalking
invoguewithbooks

Munira @ In Vogue with Books

Mostly YA obsessed, my blog reflects it A LOT. It features books from NA & other fiction too. I share all my book rants there, post mostly spoiler-free reviews & many other bookish and non-bookish stuff :D

Currently In Vogue with

Sherrie Cronin
Chaos Children
B.C. Sirrom
All the Lovely Creatures
Emily Joyner, C.C. Hartley, Charlotte Dhark, S.J. Bell, B.C. Sirrom, Lisa Goldman, Rebecca Nolan, Mark Mackey, Jennifer Rainey, L. M. Smith
Gift - Andrea J. Buchanan ##This is concise review.Read the full at my blog HERE.##
I started this book with a little bit of less enthusiasm than usual, and yet I don’t know why. Well maybe the title of the book didn’t appeal to me much. It seems to be an appropriate title, related to the storyline but somehow it just didn’t seem to fit for me. However I must admit that the storyline proved me quite wrong. As I started going deeper, I realized it really is good story. The only problem to me was that I don’t like stretching things up like chewing gums where there is not the need of doing so. In some places of the book, I felt the story being dragged I don’t like skipping any part of a book so I had to go through that dragging as well.
About the characters, I really liked Kevin, and yet again for no particular reason. I found myself visualizing a cool charming good-looking senior year student when reading the description. Daisy seems to be always in trouble with her ‘zapping’ issues (unless in the end) , but to be honest I really liked the idea of her problem with electronic gadgets, wishing I could sometimes have it too, in order to avoid certain things (but then again, I won’t be able to use my PC or read e-books can I?) I liked Daisy’s mom, somewhat reminds me of mine.
Of this book of four ‘Parts’, it’s actually Part 3 from where I found ‘things’ happening and the story taking a pace. There were so much going on around and all, it was amazing!
In the ending, I liked the other ‘gifts’ of Kevin, Vivi and Danielle but wish Kevin’s one was longer. And dude, Danielle is girly, pink ink and all?
Overall a nice read. Recommended.