11 Readers
21 Stalking
invoguewithbooks

Munira @ In Vogue with Books

Mostly YA obsessed, my blog reflects it A LOT. It features books from NA & other fiction too. I share all my book rants there, post mostly spoiler-free reviews & many other bookish and non-bookish stuff :D

Currently In Vogue with

Sherrie Cronin
Chaos Children
B.C. Sirrom
All the Lovely Creatures
Emily Joyner, C.C. Hartley, Charlotte Dhark, S.J. Bell, B.C. Sirrom, Lisa Goldman, Rebecca Nolan, Mark Mackey, Jennifer Rainey, L. M. Smith
Snow: A Retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - Tracy Lynn Read my reviews HERE.
The basic storyline is quite the same. The King, Snow White, her evil stepmother, the evil queen’s magic mirror, a huntsman after Snow’s and the dwarves- altogether will give a very familiar environment in a very unfamiliar way. Along with the traditional concept of magic and supernatural in the story, author Tracy Lynn provides some more fantasy elements on her own that give the story a wonderful shape. The evil queen’s motif to kill Snow is different; instead of seven dwarves we have seven street thieves. The queen’s plot against Snow is bit different than the actual one also. The plot, the characters, the storyline, the diction- everything together makes Snow a wonderful read.
Now, as for the cons, I found the story to be irregular at times. Whether it was the story itself or the author, the story seemed to have lost its pace. But I could overlook that because of my overall interest in the book. If you are a reader who wants retellings to follow the exact same storyline as the actual tale, then I suggest don’t read it, it’s not for you and you’ll be disappointed. But if you are like me and love to read retellings that actually are ‘retellings’ that you should not miss this book.